VOLUNTEER Inquiry Form
Please complete the form below and we will contact you to get started on the enrollment process.
How it Works
How The Volunteering Process Works
The following is a general overview of what you can expect as you go through the volunteer enrollment process with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Complete an application.
- Submit a vulnerable sector screen, criminal records check, and three references
- Participate in a one-to-one interview with a staff member from the Big Brothers Big Sisters agency
- Depending on the program, we may complete an assessment of your home environment
- Successfully complete an orientation and child safety training
- Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance
- If accepted as a volunteer mentor, sign an agreement of confidentiality
The Matching Process
- The Mentoring Coordinator, now familiar with the volunteer and the children and youth waiting to be matched, discusses a potential match with the volunteer, the child or youth, and, depending on the program, with the family
- The Mentoring Coordinator arranges for a meeting between the child or youth, the volunteer mentor, and the parent or guardian
If everyone agrees, the match can begin!